How do you prepare for a wedding cake tasting?
Before your cake tasting, it would be beneficial to
- Have a date set for your wedding so that I can check availability for your day.
- Bring along any saved images, colour swatches and any other inspiration you may have.
- Know the number of guests you will be inviting
- Venue details and who to contact on the day.
- Bring some water to cleanse your palate so that you will be able to taste each cake flavour for what it is.
What will be discussed at our cake consultation?
At your cake consultation we will discuss the following:
- The number of guests you’ve invited and servings you require.
- Wedding venue details e.g. location, name and number of contact at the venue on the wedding day
- Delivery time of cake in order to allow enough time for set up.
- Your budget
- Wedding colours and any inspiration you may have in the form of swatches, Pinterest board etc
- Style of cake - taking into account your budget and the inspiration for your cake design
- Flavours - you will sample 3 of our most popular flavours and decide which one or more, you’d like for your cake
- Pricing - you will be given the total cost of your cake based on everything that has been discussed.
- Next steps/ Questions - After the consultation, all of the information gathered from our meeting will be put into a quote and emailed to you with details on how to make payment should you wish to proceed with your order.
Remember, the consultation and cake tasting is about you and your wedding. It is an opportunity to stop and take some time to enjoy the journey you are both on. It can be stressful, but we are here to help make at least the cakey part of your journey a happy, exciting and more importantly a stress-free one.